Form fields marked as hidden don't export data even if made visible

Avatar

Avatar

Chad_Chelius

Avatar

Chad_Chelius

Chad_Chelius

23-02-2016

I have a LiveCycle form in which certain form fields are hidden by default. A radio button allows them to be made visible so the user can fill in those once hidden form fields if applicable. We used the distribute command in Acrobat to enable the PDF and send out to the users. We're now noticing that even if a field is made visible, if the user fills in data or chooses an option via radio button, and submits the form, the data of the fields that were once hidden, don't appear in the response file. I'm perplexed by this and would appreciate any help that you all can offer. I should point out, that when I open the filled out file that wad distributed, the data is in fact there in the fields that were once hidden. I just can't get it to appear in the response file.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Avatar

Avatar

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

1.0K

Likes

132

Correct Answer

150

Avatar

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

1.0K

Likes

132

Correct Answer

150
Magus069
MVP

25-02-2016

If you could provide part of the form to show me exactly what is the behaviour of your form, and explain what behaviour you are expecting would help me find a solution for you.

I am not quite sure what functionalities you are using and what is the output result. I could verify myself and guide you through a work around.

Avatar

Avatar

Chad_Chelius

Avatar

Chad_Chelius

Chad_Chelius

25-02-2016

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually am hiding the subform and not the field directly. It seems as if any content entered into a field within a hidden subform is not collected in the response file. I can however see that the information is in fact filled in.

Avatar

Avatar

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

1.0K

Likes

132

Correct Answer

150

Avatar

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

1.0K

Likes

132

Correct Answer

150
Magus069
MVP

23-02-2016

Hi there,

maybe inserting the field in a subform keeping the field always visible but the subform hidden could do the trick

Otherwise, I am not sure how you could get this fix, but maybe one way to get around this would be setting the field visible by default; and

Using another field like checkbox(hidden) to verify if that field is suppose to be visible or hidden could be calculated in the calculate event of the checkbox and set the field's presence when needed.

Hope this can help you out.