Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form field format

Level 1

I regularly convert existing documents to fillable forms that contain all number fields for insertion of dollar amounts using the form wizard in Acrobat Pro 9.  It is very tedious to change the formatting of each field one at a time to format the field to numeric and would like to know if there is a way (and how) to change the formatting on multiple fields at once.  I have already tried to select multiple fields to change the properties but the format tab is not present like it is when only one field is selected.

3 Replies

Level 10

Usually if you select multiple fields of "Same Type", then the formatting options will be available for you. Probably one or more of the fields you had selected might be of different Type.. The easier way is select all the fields that you want to format, and change the type to either Numeric/ Decimal. And then you should be able to get the formatting options..

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

After the form is converted all the fields are defaulted to text fields and the format tab to the category of none.  I don't see any place to change the field from a text field to a numeric or decimal field.

Level 10

Can you send the form to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can have a look at it..

Thanks

Srini