Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Form erruptions in older Reader versions

Level 1

Hello,

I would appreciate if you could help me out with the following problem: I use Adobe Livecycle Designer ES 8.2 which saves the created forms automatically in older pdf version (7.x I guess), but nothwitstanding this fact the pdf forms opened by our customers outside the company using older A Reader versions (<8.x) are always being disrupted (form fields for entering text become locked for editing, marked checkboxes sometimes change oppositely upon opening the file on the next day - this is what the customers say)...

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Around the version 8 timeframe a feature was added to maintain the state of the form when it was saved. Before that time it was up to the Developer of the form to write code into the form to maintain the state of the form when it was opened. I believe that this is what you ar experiencing (but it is hard to tell without seeing the form in action).

Paul