Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Form Direction _ Right-To-Left

Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a form in Arabic (Right-To-Left) on Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, when adding an item (Text Field for example), I can change the text direction on the header BUT I cannot change the direction of the item itself or locate the label on the right side of the text box, so that the whole form would appear "Right-To-Left" when I'm done with it.

Any idea if this is possible?

I want it to look like this:

1381384_pastedImage_2.png

Instead of this:

1381457_pastedImage_11.png

8 Replies

Level 4

What do you mean by "label", exactly? Form fields in Acrobat do not have such a thing. Are you adding static text next to them?

Level 1

I mean this "edit label" field

1381458_pastedImage_0.png

Level 4

Is this a LiveCycle Designer form?

Level 4

Are you aware that Adobe stopped the development of this website/application, and doesn't support it anymore?

I'm not sure there's an answer to your question (although I'm not that familiar with it, I must admit). From what I can see there's no RTL support in it.

I would recommend you design your forms in another application, one that offers better RTL support, like InDesign.

Level 1

I didn't know. It's already part of Acrobat XI Pro. I usually find it fast and reliable. Thanks anyway

Level 1

As try67​ mentioned, Forms Central doesn't support Arabic.

You may design your form in MS. Word or Excel then convert to PDF using Adobe PDF Maker, but I strongly recommend that you design your form in Adobe InDesign ME as it will retain all your Arabic options within the form, I personally have done many Arabic forms this way.