Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Form Design query

Level 2

Hi,

newbie to LiveCycle. I'm currently using it design Electrical Certificates from the IEE Regs book. The problem I have is on one form I require a drop down box. The options I want are a tick, a cross, LIM or N/A. The N/A and LIM are ok as they are obviously just letters. Is there anyway I can insert the cross and tick symbol into a drop down box? Or is there something else other than the dropdown box I should be using?

Thanks In advance for any help

Paul.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Cool. It can be done by inserting Unicode into the source XML for the drop-down list. When you open the form's XML source a style sheet is applied to the XML and renders the check mark in the drop-down list item node.

The check mark looks like ✔ I added a cross with Unicode ✘

After saving the XML source the stylesheet renders the source as

The drop-down renders in PDF as

I learned something today. Nice. Thanks.

Steve

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Former Community Member

It is not possible to use images in a drop-down list. It is possible to do a radio button group that looks like this, however.

See the attached. Note I included click event processing to highlight the value associated with each radio button.

Steve

Level 2

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a play around with your suggestion. Never used radio buttons. I assume all the options have to be displayed all of the time on the document? I've attached my word version of what I'm trying to create so it's clear exactly what I'm after.

Thanks again

Paul

SOI.JPG

Level 7

what about using + for yes and - for no in your dropdown list? would that work for you?

Level 2

Without trying to be blunt....no.

I'd like to try and get what I've displayed in the word document. I may be looking for something I can't have. thing is you don't ask, you don't get.

Former Community Member

How about radio buttons disguised as check boxes?

Steve

Level 2

How do I attach a PDF to a reply? I have found a drop down box with a tick (stolen from another form). Would like to know how it's been done.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Cool. It can be done by inserting Unicode into the source XML for the drop-down list. When you open the form's XML source a style sheet is applied to the XML and renders the check mark in the drop-down list item node.

The check mark looks like ✔ I added a cross with Unicode ✘

After saving the XML source the stylesheet renders the source as

The drop-down renders in PDF as

I learned something today. Nice. Thanks.

Steve

Level 2

Fantastic. The check mark is better than a capital 'X' but I had no idea how it was done. Thanks for all your help.

Level 2

Just tried it in my form. It looks the nuts. Feel really sad that I'm getting this excited about a PDF form though.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----