Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Form created with LiveCycle is not saving the data of a fillable form.

Level 1

I had posted this in another forum, which got moved over to this forum.  Forgive the double post, I wasn't sure if it was assumed that it was resolved.

This document:  http://www.southark.edu/employment/application-v5.pdf  was created a couple of years ago in Acrobat and LiveCycle.

I wanted visitors to have the ability to fill in the document and save their data.

So, I opened it in Adobe Acrobat X and saved it using the Save As > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Additional Features.

However, after filling in the document and saving, no data is saved.

I was informed that since it was an XFA form created in LiveCycle Designer, that they have special considerations that don't apply to forms created in Acrobat.

Still needing help in giving my visitors the ability to save their form data.

Thanks,

Charley

6 Replies

Level 2

I had the same problem.

Open the document in LC, go to Form Properties and select Run-time. Check Scripting.

Preserve scripting changes to form when saved:

Here you got two choises:

Automatically or Manually.

In my old document (which didn't work) the value was set to Manually and I changed it to Automatically.

Problem solved!

Hope this works

Level 1

Thanks so much for your reply.

Employing your solution our website visitors can save the data using Acrobat Pro.

They cannot save their data using Reader (most of them don't have Acrobat Pro).  See image below.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks very much for your time and interest. 

Charley

datacannotbesaved.png

Level 10

When opening a form with Adobe Acrobat Pro, you must use the functionality to enable rights to save the form.

File > Save As > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Additional Features

Then save your form with another name to keep the initial form intact.

Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I have done that.  Still doesn't save the user data.

Thanks,

Charley

Level 2

Hi, your form is saved as "Adobe 7.1". I tried to save it again from livecycle in "Adobe 9.0". I enabled the additional features from the Adobe professional, and now the file is salvageable with abobe reader.

Kind Regards.