Expand my Community achievements bar.

footer overflow in dynamic table

Former Community Member

Hi,

great forum here.. so i have a  problem with livecycle form...

I build up a form with a dynamic table, adding rows with a click on "+".

The footer is working correctly ( once visible on the end of the table, not repeated) .

One cell in the first row is growing automatically, depending on the text which is entered.

If the table does not fit on the page ( because of the added rows or because of the text in the cell ) , there is a break and the table is continuing on the second page.

These work fine.

Problem:

But if the table is broken on the second page, and i will click "+" for adding new rows, 1 or 2  rows are added on the first page;

because there is space left, because of the footer, which is now on the second page.

changing the free-area on master page did not help me.

my given conditions are:

the footer have to be tied on the last row of the table, that means: if the table is broken, at least one row should appear on the second page.

Can anybod help me please ?

here is my document:

http://acrobat.com/#d=bQadx7MnDYcNxLTLDCDdfg

thanks

2 Replies

Level 4

Did you set the permission to allow everybody to view the file on acrobat.com?  I am able to log in to acrobat.com -  and I am logged in, but it tells me I need the latest Flash Player.  I have just installed the latest and rebooted my iMac, but I still can't access your file.  So I can't view your table...

One way around this is to create the table from individual objects, i.e., if each row has one Text and one Numeric cell = two cells per row, then

drag a Text field onto the Layout page, followed by a Numeric field.

wrap them in a subform.

Now you have your row.  Then add the leader (header) and/or trailer (footer) objects. Proceed from here with your '+' and so forth.

Conclusion - a table doesn't have to start with the formal Table object.  You can create your own manual (more flexible) table.

Former Community Member

Thank you Iakov,

i will try to activate/ release my document..  I gave the permission to be viewed by erveryone, so why is it not allowed ? I will check that again..

Thank you aswell for your tip with the "manualy" added row.

I will try that, and give feedback here.

I hope, that it will work that way...

Thanks

Dilaver