Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fonts are changing in the Preview tab

Level 1

I have a complex dynamic form in LiveCycle Designer. When I am on the Design View tab, I have most of the fonts set to Myriad Pro. When I use test data and view the form in the Preview PDF tab, all the fonts change. According to the document properties window, they changed to Adobe Sans MM. Why are the fonts changing? How do I get the form to use the fonts I selected in the Design View?

Font window.png

1 Reply

Level 5

PDF preview is using the currently automated instance of Acrobat or Reader to display your form design. However, font locations are different between the two applications. Designer takes its fonts from a local font folder in its app directory whereas Acrobat/Reader will attempt to resolve font names either through the windows font folder for truetype, etc, and its own font folder located in Acrobat/Resource/Font. If your designer font is not in the Resource folder and you have embed fonts turned OFF in File->Form Properties->Save Options, acrobat/reader will try to substitute the missing font with whatever available font is acceptable usually Adobe Sans. The A beside the font category shows that its an acrobat/reader font resource which is the issue.