Expand my Community achievements bar.

font formatting not working when values are passed to the form

Former Community Member

I have a form that you fill out on the screen, hit submit and then it sends the values to the REAL form and mails it via email.  So the first form you fill out is more of a placeholder.

I found if I set the font on the REAL form to =0 so it will expand and shrink, the value does not populate.  When the value's passed over the value is blank on the form even though I put something into the real form.

If I set the value to 9 or any other number the form works.  BUT I need the font to shrink based on the text.

If I just try it in preview mode the value shrinks just fine, it's only when I run it from the actual applicaiton where I'm entering the value in the placeholder form, hitting submit and then opening it via email.  All the other fields populate just fine, except the name value when I set the font =0 so it will shrink.

any idea?

2 Replies

Level 7

If you submit the form so you can see the result, can you copy the place where the value would be into a text editor and change the font size? I'm wondering if the value is copying over, but you can't see it because it is at 0 font size. Some programs don't see the "shrunk" font size and instead they see the 0 value.

If that works, then maybe you can add a process to your submit button to change the font size right before it passes the text field value.

Level 2

Some questions:

• What is the placeholder form?  Is it a LiveCycle form built with designer?
  • How do the values get populated into the "REAL" form?
  • Are you using LiveCycle Forms or LiveCycle Output to do this?

Maybe if you can explain the technical details of the end-to-end process it would help...then I could at least give you some advice on how to debug the problem.