Expand my Community achievements bar.

Flowable Tables in LiveCycle Designer as Dynamic PDFs

Level 1

Hi just wondering if in a table under Row 1 I can add an additional field and it will still be flowable (see attached)

If there are multiple items that need to be added I want the user to be able to add additional notes that is also expandable but I want it to remain as a list format like the attached - is this possible?

Screen shot 2012-04-08 at 11.18.14 PM.png

2 Replies

Level 1

Not sure if screen grab clear so resubmitting.

I want row 1 to be the first row of fields plus the additional notes field below (which I also want to be expandable if needs be)

Not sure if its possible to do this

I'd like the format of these to remain in a table as I think its easier to see all items this way

Screen shot 2012-04-08 at 11.54.44 PM.png

Level 1

Lorain,

I am not sure if this can be done with LiveCycle Designer,  we have done this with a product that works with LiveCycle.  You can feed the XML data to DocOrigin and it supports this for output to PCL, PS, PDF and HTML.  Not sure if it this will help you.  You can also convert the XDP to use it in the DocOrigin Designer.   DocOrigin will not replace LC Forms but can be a nice addition for generation of the output for print, email or web.

Here is a sample of the output  The table has a detail line item followed by 1 to X descriptive comments.  Another nice feature is the ability to alter the background color of every other line item, this is done by checking a box.   Support for Widows and Orphans is also supported across pages and pagination is automatic.   You can also include images in the detail line, however we had to keep the image small in this case because we do not know in advance how may comments are going to be included with any given line item.

Sample Table with multi-evel details.png