Expand my Community achievements bar.

Flowable documents

Level 3

Hi~

I am still trying to learn how to make flowable forms.  I have started a new one and was wondering if someone would look at how I have it set up to see if I am doing it correctly or not.

Thank you,

Tammie

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Tammie, if you attach the form I will have a look at it for you. All you have to do is make the page and subforms flowed and then save the PDF as dynamic. That's really all there is to it. If you really want to increase your forms knowledge, it will be worth your while going through the sample purchase order form tutorial that comes with designer. It will teach you all the fundamentals of form design - including flowable layouts etc.

Dallas

Level 3

Hi Dallas~

I have tried to make this work, Paul helped me with one page; however, the text under the expanding text field box ended up on the 4th page. I am sure it is simple enough, but apparently there is a step or two that I am missing. I am attaching my current document for you to look at. My previous project....I just don't know what I am going to do with it, I can't get it to flow. The tutorial does not open for me.

Thanks for your time and help.

Former Community Member

Ok, thats no problem, I'll have a look at it but there is still no attachment. You need to attach the form via a post in the forum. Unfortunately attachments cant be added via email. (I'm assuming thats how you attached it - correct me if I'm wrong)

Level 3

Sorry, I didn't realize I had to attach it here and you are correct, I attached it to the email.  I am also attaching the previous document that I still cannot get to work properly.  Thanks again for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Former Community Member

Hey Tammie, unfortunately neither of the forms were set up properly. I changed the face sheet draft to get it working the way I think you wanted it to work. As for the copy doc... I made the individual pages flow up till page 8, then I thought you should do the rest. You can check the pages to see what I did and then you can finish the doc off.

You mentioned that the tutorial doesn't open for you so here is a link to all the forms tutorials.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/acrobat_designer/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?conte...

I really advise you to do all of the livecycle tutorials, as they will teach you a lot and I think you will definitely benefit from them. It might seem like a pain to go through all these, but if you really want to design forms, you need to learn all the fundamentals of form design, this is definitely the best way to go

Good luck !

Dallas

Level 3

Thanks for the link, I will start on them now.  I resorted to finding videos on YouTube this morning.

I checked out my form; I think the face sheet is what I want too, I will find out when I complete it.   The other one, I still have the same issue of when the box expands, it goes to a new page but the text that should be directly under it goes to a new page as well.  I am hoping the tutorials help me understand this once and for all and I can correct my document and not have to do it all over again.

Thank you so much for your help, I greatly appreciate it.  And thanks for the "good luck"...I will definately need it!

Tammie~

Level 3

How do I get my documents off of the forums now??

Level 3

This tutorial was totally not helpful to me!  I am still completely in the dark about subf

orms.  Thanks for trying to help me out.