Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Flow table data horizontally like columns

Level 1

Hello! 
I am using LiveCycle to create a flowable table like structure (in this case I am actually using a table object) and I managed to bind it to a xml schema. Testing that with some dummy data gave expected result: table expands down based on how many data items are present.

Person IndexFirst NameLast Name
1JohnDoe
2JuneDoe
3ClarkKent

How can I make this table expand horizontally, to the left instead of vertically/downward based on how many persons I have in the xml ?
I need table headers to become the first column, one under another, and each person must be rendered on a new column like how headers items should.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

That depends how you want the "end of row" to be handled. What will work is that at the end of the page width the table columns will "line-break" - what will not work is that it creates another page where that row will grow on "towards the right".

Kosta_Prokopiu1_0-1606214521206.pngKosta_Prokopiu1_1-1606214567236.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

That depends how you want the "end of row" to be handled. What will work is that at the end of the page width the table columns will "line-break" - what will not work is that it creates another page where that row will grow on "towards the right".

Kosta_Prokopiu1_0-1606214521206.pngKosta_Prokopiu1_1-1606214567236.png

Level 1

can you go into this more on how you set it up. im also trying to make my list expand horizontally as it pulls new names from xml instead of going down vertically.