Expand my Community achievements bar.

Floating Text Objects Bound to Fields

Level 1

Hello!

I have several floating text objects bound to corresponding fields (text and numeric) and they work fine... expect when I hide the fields and then the bound text in the floating text objects also disappears.

Did I miss a step?

Thank you!

Nicolle

5 Replies

Level 7

Have you made the floating fields inactive, hidden or invisible?

688741_pastedImage_0.png

Level 1

Thank you for your reply!

I actually found out what my issue was - I had the sourcing text field and the bound floating text wrapped in two different subforms.

Thank you!

Level 1

I'm attempting to do something similar with floating fields in a form letter.  I have set up my form naming the text and floating fields the same, and set the binding to Global.  When I enter text in the "Company_Name" field, which has the java script "xfa.layout.relayout();"in the Exit action, the Company_Name value does not appear where I placed the "Company_Name" floating field in the text block on the same screen.  If I un-hide the floating field, the value is displayed in a text field at the top left corner of the page.

Here's the link to the form:  Dropbox - Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreement - LC Original.pdf

Any ideas on how I can get this to work properly?  I have a bunch of similar forms that I have to do.

These screen shots are for the floating field used in the text box.

flt_field_Field_Props.png flt_field_Field_Binding.png flt_field_Field_Props.png

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Dean

Level 1

Another bit of info on my previous post....

If I set a default value in the Customer_Name text field, the floating field shows the value in the text box as it should.  It seems like the form needs to be recalculated or something, but I have a java script in the Exit action of the field to do a xfa.layout.relayout();.

Stumped...

Level 1

If anyone is following this thread, I found the solution to my problem where the Floating Fields did not work.  BTW, I am using LiveCycle Designer ES 4.

Under Form Properties/Defaults, you need to change "Choose Target Version" to "Adobe and Adobe Reader 9.1 or later".  Save the change, and floating fields should work now. 

Choose Target Version for Floating Fields.png