Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Floating field doesn't show values (rendered by LCES Forms)

Former Community Member

Hi all,

we are using Adobe LCES and LC Designer for several years (LCES 8.2). We've been using floating fields all the time to build dynamic text strings within our templates and never experienced any issues.

Since we have upgraded to LCES 9.0.0.2 (also Designer 9.0) we are not able to get the floating fields working as expected.

The floating fields don't show any values after rendering by LCES Forms although the rawValues of the fields are set. I've verified that by prompting the value in a message box: xfa.host.messageBox("Value: " + floatingFieldXY.rawValue);

The template has been saved as a Static PDF Form. The form is rendered by LCES Forms. Interestingly, we don't have this problem if we render the form with LCES Output and generating a flat PDF output document. In this case all floating fields are filled as expected. But this isn't an option for us since we have to provide an interactive PDF form.

Could this issue be related to the fact that we are using a static PDF form?

Any help or feedback on this is really appreciated.

Thanks!

Nico

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I would open an incident with support ....I woudl expect that if it worked in an earlier version it should continue to work.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I would open an incident with support ....I woudl expect that if it worked in an earlier version it should continue to work.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

I've realised that I was not accurate when formulating the history of this issue.

Actually the form used to be a dynamic PDF form (in LCES 8.2). It seems that this is the crucial point... floating fields does only work properly in dynamic PDF forms but not in static ones (verified in LCES 9.0.0.2).

Is this a bug or a feature?

Nico

Former Community Member

The operation of a floating field does not rely on whether a form is static or dynamic ....so something else is wrong there.

Paul

Former Community Member

Raised a support case at Adobe and got the following answer:

"This problem seems to be a LiveCycle bug. I sent it on to the next level support and will update you with the bug number as soon as it is logged. They are informed about you planning to go live next month.

Until  the bug is fixed the only workaround is to save the forms as dynamic forms."

Regards

Nico

Message was edited by: Nico Meier

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----