Expand my Community achievements bar.

Floating field and hyperlink

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to add an hyperlink to a floating field and it doesn't work. I've been searching everywhere and I couldn't find why.

I created a Text (not a TextField) and I right clicked inside and I added a Floating Field. Then, I linked the rawValue of the floating field to a TextField.

I've tried alot a variant for a solution (added hyperlink only on the Floating Field, only on the TextField, on both, tried to add a script on the click event of the Floating Field, etc.).

I would really appreciate if someone could help me on this !

Using :

LiveCycle ES4 version 11.0

Target version 9.1

Windows 8.1

Thanks in advance and have a great day !

Jonathan

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

I don't think it's possible to have a hyperlink within a floating field,

to do so you would need to load XML within the Text yourself with the tag <a>

Hope this will help!

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. As for the impossibility of adding a hyperlink within a floating field, it says in the adobe references that it's possible (in the first paragraph) :

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/11.0/DesignerHelp/WS107c29ade9134a2c52de23f912a8c8dc02a-8000.2...

I tried to add your script on the initalize and docReady events, but I can't get it to work. I get this error :

TypeError: txt2.value.exData is undefined

Thank you and have a great day

Jonathan

Level 10

The exData is defined only if you have different fonts like, bold and not bold, myriad pro and arial...

usually I just insert a bold letter within the text... it can also be a space(bold), I have never looked to create the node exData but I'm sure it would be possible

I hope this will help.

Level 2

Thanks again for your answer.

I inserted a bold letter in a regular Text and it works, but not on a Floating Field. I made sure the Floating Field was set on Rich Text. I don't get any errors, but it just doesn't do anything.

Thanks again for your help, if you think of anything else, I would really appreciate it !

Jonathan