Expand my Community achievements bar.

flex to pdf

Level 1

hi.. i need to convert my grid and charts from flex to pdf.. how to create pdf template? so that i can import my data set into pdf template?? am using live cycle designer trail version.. or any alternative method to convert flex to pdf????

thanks in advance.

6 Replies

Level 3

You could use AlivePDF to create PDF files inside Flex.

Level 1

thank u for ur reply..

but its based on PHP with Cold Fusion.. i am using java backend.. can we create pdf template in Alivepdf?

thnku in advance

Level 3

Depends on what you mean by Templates, with AlivePDF what you can do is for instance add a DataGrid and create a PDF on the fly, but if you're running Coldfusion there you have your solution CF is great at creating PDFs.

Former Community Member

Have they gotten that "direct to drive file save" working that they said would be possible with Flash 10?

Flash 9 version did this insane process where it uploads the pdf back to the server, and then streams it back to the client as a regular download. So the data was basically going over the wire three times back and forth. Terrible. I hope that can be avoided now?

Level 3

What do you mean by "direct drive save"?

Level 1

hi, I'm trying to just get this AlivePDF set up to try it out and use.

I am migrating a Flex 2 app to Flex3 specifically in order to use AlivePDF. I downloaded and installed the latest stable build of the Flex 3 SDK and have now compiled the Flex 2 app (of course with some changes).

I have tried to statically load the AlivePDF.swc (both the 0.1.4.9 and 0.1.5 versions). I've used mxmlc with both a command line argument "library-path += " and by modifying the flex_config.xml file adding a new "path-element".

I've had the swc file both in a subdirectory of the application directory and in the same directory as the mxml file.

I keep getting a compile error that it can't open the file "...\AlivePDF.swc".

Help, anybody............