Expand my Community achievements bar.

Flash Player version issue

Level 3

I started on this new chat support application.  I know we have .swc for player 9 and 10. let's say we have users in both player 9 & player 10. I'm kind of confused on this issue. I believe if there is user connection using player 9 and someone tries to connect using player 10 then it throws an error.

Any solution regarding this issue?

Thanks,

BaBo,

2 Replies

Employee

I would say if you have a mixed audience and don't need the extra features that AFCS for Player 10 offers, just build for Player 9.

Player 10 can run Player 9 SWfs just fine.

If you need the extra features of AFCS Player 10 (rtmfp, p2p support, etc.) you'll need to build two versions of the applications.

They will still be able to talk to each other (i.e. it's ok to have some users with Player 9 and some users with Player 10) but you may get into cases where users with Player 10 will be "downgraded" to Player 9 functionalities (i.e. they will not be able to use p2p)

If you really have a case where you get an error when users connect in a mixed environment please send the details and we'll look into it.

Former Community Member

Hi ,

We actually fixed this issue in the recent drop of 0.94. Can you tell us what's the error ? Send us the error. You can run one player 9 swf and player 10 swf at same time.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu