Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Filling in forms

Level 3

I've created a simple form for users to fill in. Its not complex, however, when I send them the form via e-mail or they download it from my website they cannot fill in the fields.

Is it static instead of dynamic? I'm sure there is a simple fix.

Thanks?

3 Replies

Level 6

Do you know which PDF viewer they are using? Some have limited support for PDF forms, and some that have support for Acroforms (created with Acrobat) don't have support for XFA forms (created with LiveCycle Designer). Adobe Reader for Win/Mac should be sufficient for static or dynamic XFAs.

Level 3

I send this form out to clients, its diffcult to know who's using what. I'm going to assume they are using the free acrobat reader. The free version should allow them to fill in the form, but but save it. The form was created in LiveCycle designer.

Thanks.

Former Community Member

Hello,

Adobe Acrobat is used to design and edit forms, while Adobe Reader is only for reading.

As you have stated that you have created form using LC designer and clients are using Reader to open it.

If you really want the clients to edit/fill the form you need to reader extend the form( to give usage rights)

Now this can be done in two ways using Adobe Acrobat(paid desktop tool) or Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions service(Server product).

Once you reader extend any form, actually you enable some usage rights on that particular form and once you open that form in Reader, you will be able to perform the action that you have enabled.

Once the form is reader extended, users can fill, edit sign(the rights you have given).

-Vijay