Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fillable PDF cannot be saved

Level 2

Hi there.  I'm using LiveCycel designer ES to create several fillable pdfs and save the fillable pdfs as static forms.  I use acrobat X pro to enable reader extension in order for the users to type in data and save the form, however, the fillable pdf just cannot save the inputted data except the data inputted in the first field.  What did I miss?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

On the first field look at the Object/Binding tab and see what the binding is set to ....prpably something like use FieldName. Now look at another field that is not being saved and see what its binding is set to ...I am betting that it is set to None. If so change it to Use FieldName.

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

On the first field look at the Object/Binding tab and see what the binding is set to ....prpably something like use FieldName. Now look at another field that is not being saved and see what its binding is set to ...I am betting that it is set to None. If so change it to Use FieldName.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Pguerett,

Thanks for your reply.  It's exactly what you think. The fields are, except the first field, all set to be no data binding.  I reset them to the field names and they are new can be saved.  Thanks a lot.  By the way, I want to have one of the titles to be deleted by the user.  I tried to use checkboxed (set to cross) to do the same but the highlight colour makes them "clouded" and the visual effect is not good.  Any better ideas?

Director / Secretary **

** Delete as appropriate

Former Community Member

Not sure I follow is it text that is on the form that you want deleted or an input field? How does the user indicate that he/she wants the title deleted...push of a button or some other action?

Paul

Level 2

As it is a fillable pdf and users are not allowed to put any annotations on the form. What I intend to do is :  I place 2 checkboxes (without border and set to "cross" instead of "check") onto each of the titles.  When user wants to delete, say director, he just click on the director and the 2 checkboxes on the "Director" will be crossed-out.   Is that the best option?

Cheers.

Former Community Member

I do not like that option as you are expecting the user to click in an area that is not defined by borders ...so it is a bit of a crap shoot. What if we changed the font style to strike out the text .....wew woudl need some way for th euser totell us that they want to do this though. It wil also take some coding in the form ...if you send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I will do the 1st one for you to show you how it is done. Include a reference back to this discussion in the email please.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul.  Thanks.  I've sent you an e-mail for your advice.

Raymond

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----