Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Fillable form for an iPad

Level 2

I am looking for the easiest/best solution to create a form that I can fill out on an iPad. I will be creating the form on my PC, I have the option of using Acrobat Pro or Livecycle es4. When I create the form do i need to save it as a static or dynamic form.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Livecycle is definitely more versatile for creating an advanced pdf form.

Static forms are limited in the coding that can be done, but offer better viewing compatibility. Eg. Static forms can be filled in using Chrome for WIndows, but a Dynamic form wont show.

Dynamic forms will allow you to use more advanced functions and javascript, but it is less likely to be able to be used. Before going to far into your form creating, i would suggest making a basic form and see which works using the iPad.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Livecycle is definitely more versatile for creating an advanced pdf form.

Static forms are limited in the coding that can be done, but offer better viewing compatibility. Eg. Static forms can be filled in using Chrome for WIndows, but a Dynamic form wont show.

Dynamic forms will allow you to use more advanced functions and javascript, but it is less likely to be able to be used. Before going to far into your form creating, i would suggest making a basic form and see which works using the iPad.

Level 2

MinusZero, thank you for the information.