Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Fillable form does'nt save properly

Magus069
Level 10
Level 10

I have this complex form with some tables and rows depending on data needed by the user...

I have 3 fillable tables and one fixed dimension table...

The first fillable table is to fill-up names and then the second table addInstances automatically as the names are filled in the first table to gather more information about the names provided...

Big Whoop, i have 5 tables inside the second table.... the problem is all the data that the user's fill in the tables must be saved, but only the first and third table keeps all the information when the PDF is saved in Adobe Reader X...

The second table does'nt keep more than the first row, and the tables inside it seems to add blank rows and/or missing information...

Anyone knows what's wrong with this?? I need a solution as fast as possible...

1 Accepted Solution
Magus069
Correct answer by
Level 10
Level 10

Alright I solved it.... if you have an issue similar to mine... make sure that if you have many tables... always use a different name for the table even if it's in a different Subform... AND also change your rows name from table to table....

Because I had Row1 in a table called tabTraducteurs in Page1 and in Page2 I had another table called tabTraducteurs with Row1 it was mixing those two together when saving the form so it created errors in the xdp...

Even if I changed one table's name tabTraducteurs to tabTraducteur... it was still mixing the Row1 from the first table to the second table...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Magus069
Level 10
Level 10

I must fix this... I keep on testing the form..

I just realized something,

My first table contains names... For each names in the first table, I add an instance (row) in the second table.. for each rows in the second table there is initially a table and a RadioButtonList visible... Now this table which is visible will make another table appear under the RadioButtonList...

But it seems that when I open my saved PDF document, the visible table in the second table has as many instances as the first table of my form even if I never added any rows to the visible table... and the second table always ends up with only the first row showing up....

Anyone knows what could be the problem here....

Magus069
Level 10
Level 10

Please i need help.... I keep testing but I can't find the answer... only but closer to the solution....

I've put a message box with the count of the row which I'm trying to keep... + the somexpression of the row, now it seems that when I reach Row1[2] it's not the same row as Row1[0]... i also know that sometimes when I add rows... I have to put Row1[0] because Row1 becomes null sometimes... actually it becomes null once I've reached Row1[2]

Looks like I've found my error.. but I can't fix it... anyone has experience this please reply!!!

Magus069
Correct answer by
Level 10
Level 10

Alright I solved it.... if you have an issue similar to mine... make sure that if you have many tables... always use a different name for the table even if it's in a different Subform... AND also change your rows name from table to table....

Because I had Row1 in a table called tabTraducteurs in Page1 and in Page2 I had another table called tabTraducteurs with Row1 it was mixing those two together when saving the form so it created errors in the xdp...

Even if I changed one table's name tabTraducteurs to tabTraducteur... it was still mixing the Row1 from the first table to the second table...

View solution in original post