Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fill in Form Problems and Signing Problem

Level 1

My form is built in LiveCyle with fillable form and 3 signature boxes.  I imported the form from a previous version.  It looks and acts fine in Livecyle, but when I open it in Adobe Reader you cannot fill it in nor sign it. 

While in LiveCyle, I did not have an option to SAVE AS Adobe 8 Dynamic XML form.  The only option is Acrobat 8 Static or Acrobat 7 Static.  However, in Form Properties I can mark the XDP Preview as Adobe 8 Dynamic.

When I open the file in Adobe Reader I get a warnng that  "This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader.  The document has been changed since it w CREATED AND USE OF EXTENDED FEATURE IS NO LONGER ENABled.  Please contact the author of the original version of thie document. 

2 Replies

Employee

It means the integrity of the document has been broken.

Applying Reader Extensions is like applying digital signature with some allowed changes , If any changes are made to the document that are not in the allowed list (if document is tampered) then the reader extension signature would break.

What changes have been made to the document? Please  elaborate on how the document is created and what all changes have been made to it before it got in to current state.

--Santosh

Level 1

Hi Boscobenko,

Do you have Acrobat also?

If so...

Once you have finished your development in Livecycle, you can open the file in Acrobat and then go to

File>SaveAs>ReaderExtendedPDF>Enable Additional Features...

As I  understand it this should reapply the additional features you originally had on the form like signing, adding comments, allowing whole PDF submission, etc.

I'd save under a different file name initially to test out if that gives you the solution.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards

Chris