Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

File name changes to ex. "ad&asa55%9023409" when it is submitted on someone else's computer?

Level 2

When it is added as an attachment to someone elses computer, the file completely changes its name to something encripted like the above.

Is that normal? and is there a way around it?

2 Replies

Level 6

Can you explain the issue a little more?  Often times, I've only seem a weird file name if you try to submit the file from within LiveCycle - using the PDF Peview tab.  Typically, the file name is just the form name when submitted. 

Level 2

Yes I can,

When I am working on my computer that i have designed the form on, and I am testing the submission of the form, I have no problems with the file name of the form changing when it is submitted (attached to the email). However, when someone else uses my form for and I ask them to submit it, the form gets attached to the email with a completely different name like i mentioned earlier.

So I suppose my question is, how do i prevent the form name from changing when it is submitted or is there a way to dynamically change the form name when it is submitted to reflect the persons name or something like that would be even better. Because like I said, when it it is submitted the form changes to something like a223jhvjv23323&bjh@bklj8 which is really annoying because the person receiving the form must then open it and save it as the correct file name