Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Fields not matching in responses file

Level 1

We have a form with several dynamic elements, which in all other ways seems to now work fine.

However. after receiving back the emailed completed form, and adding it to the responses file, a warning box pops up:

"The fields in the file {form pdf name} do not exactly match the fields in the template in the specified responses file. Do you really want to add the form to the responses file?"

Is this normal for a dynamic form, or do we have a problem with the form?

Your help would be much appreciated.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

It sounds like you have some kind of form version mismatch or possibly someone has attempted to fill-in and return a form that requires a newer version of the free Adobe Reader to complete.

Did you use a schema within your PDF?

Level 1

Hello Lee

This is the first form of its type that we have developed. It contains buttons which adds rows to tables, adds tables etc. This form is still in testing, and we are simply completing it and emailing it to ourselves and opening on the same Acrobat as it was created in (9.1.0).

If we simply complete the compulsory fields in the form (without adding elements) it emails back and loads into the responses file without a problem. If the person completing the form adds, for example, a row in a table and emails it then the error appears. I half wondered if it was a natural response after adding dynamic elements to a form - but it seemed a bit of a 'clunky' response for that (obviously) very common scenario. In all other respects, the form seems to behave correctly.

With regards to the schema question (if I understand it correctly!), no we did not use a schema.

Thanks for responding.

Stephen