Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fields Missing in Form Response File CSV Export

Former Community Member

I've distributed a survey designed in LiveCycle 8.2 which has been completed by a number of users and returned via email.  I then imported those submitted forms in to the repsonse file.  When I export those responses in a CSV (and pull them in to Excel), a number of fields are not included.  After a little digging, it seems that I failed to give those fields a custom name when designing the form.  This seems to be the only consistency, so I have to assume this is the cause.  Firstly, is this case?

Secondly, what is the best way to correct the situation.  I anticipate receiving over 60 more responses, so I do not want to have to enter data by hand.  I've tried renaming the field in the response file -- no effect.  I've tried also updating the form and creating a new response file.  The submitted forms were added (though I did receive a warning that not every field mapped) and those fields which had not previously been named were full of nulls -- I assume they could not be mapped due to the difference in the underlying field name.

Resending the form is really not an option at this point -- I will be getting more forms like this over the next weeks.  What is the best way for me to get all of the responses in to my excel file?  Thanks.

0 Replies