Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fields get misaligned when using flowed in subforms

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to use subforms and I have three of them when I try to change the attribute "Content" on the subform's object from "positioned" to "flowed", the fields get misaligned. Please help.

Thanks,

Vijay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

"Flowed" subforms do not (as you have noticed) do not maintain the postioning of the objects.  You need to layout your objects, wrap them in a "Positioned" subform, then wrap the "Positioned" subform (so the object positions are maintained) in a "Flowed" subform.

Regards

Steve

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

"Flowed" subforms do not (as you have noticed) do not maintain the postioning of the objects.  You need to layout your objects, wrap them in a "Positioned" subform, then wrap the "Positioned" subform (so the object positions are maintained) in a "Flowed" subform.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

Thanks, I also have another question. I am trying to work on adding a predetermined set of items recursively upon clicking a button using subforms. When I change the subform properties from "flowed" to "positioned" and back to "flowed" the add does not work. Do you have a suggestion?

Former Community Member

When you do that the "Repeat for each data..." property on the positioned subform being wrapped gets cleared.  Check that you have reset that option.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----