Expand my Community achievements bar.

Few questions about Mobile ES2

Level 10

1. Cannot find a suitable client for LiveCycle ES2.. Does ADEP client backward compatible?

2. Does the mobile device require Adobe AIR to succesfully install/use the mobile client?

3. Mobile Guide render service renders the XDP to mobile devices. Will this require Adobe Flash player plugin for mobiles?

If yes, what will happen to iOS devices as they do not support that plugin?

Perhaps, if Adobe stops supporting mobile browser plugins, what will be impact on mobile client for LC?

Nith

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Hello,

To answer your questions:

1. Cannot find a suitable client for LiveCycle ES2.. Does ADEP client backward compatible?

Yes, the ADEP mobile clients are backwards compatible.

2. Does the mobile device require Adobe AIR to succesfully install/use the mobile client?

No.  All of the mobile clients are native applications, except for the PlayBook where AIR is supported natively.  On the PlayBook it's based on AIR.

3. Mobile Guide render service renders the XDP to mobile devices. Will this require Adobe Flash player plugin for mobiles?

If yes, what will happen to iOS devices as they do not support that plugin?

Perhaps, if Adobe stops supporting mobile browser plugins, what will be impact on mobile client for LC?

As mentioned above, the mobile clients are native applications.  There is no need to have the Adobe Flash player plugin installed.

Hope this helps.

Level 10

Thanks for the reply Scott. However, I need more clarification on the following:

For e.g. If a native client application is used in a iPhone device. An XDP document is rendered as Form Guide and delivered to the client app; what would be the content type of Form Guide? I hope it is an SWF object which still requires either Flash Player Plugin or AIR within the device. Please clarify.

Thanks,

Nith

Former Community Member

Hello,

On iOS, Guides are rendered as HTML using the browser on the iPhone/iPad.  XDP documents are not rendered as form Guides.  All data entry is done through Guides.  It is possible to renderer an XDP in a final format as a flattened PDF (non editable, no scripts,etc) which can then be displayed using the devices PDF viewer.  Flash/SWF is not used at all.

FYI,

Scott

Level 10

"All data entry is done through guide"  - What do you mean by this statement?

AFAIK,a guide is nothing but flash guide. Am I correct or guide is different from flash guide?

Also, we tried rendering an XDP as HTML document and resuted with a unstructured, scriptless html form. Dono how to proceed.

Nith

Former Community Member

Hello,

I'm sorry, I meant to say "All data entry on a mobile device is done through HTML based guides".  You are correct about Guides being Flash based, but for our Mobile framework, the server will support returning HTML which can be rendered on iOS in the browser.

As I was mentioning above, rendering an XDP to either HTML or PDF for a mobile device results in a flattened document, which is strictly for viewing.

FYI,

Scott