Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fade effect makes LiveCycle unusable

Level 2

The last thread on this seems to have died so I am re-posting.  I really need to find a solution for this as I would very much love to use the software I purchased.

When designing a form - starting with a brand new form, empty page - every element that I drag onto the page gradually fades into view, taking about 5 seconds from the time when I drop the element onto the page to the time it is actually in place and ready to be modified.

It does not matter which element I drop in, every one of them does this.  It makes the program so slow that it is unusable.

Is there a way to turn off this visual effect somewhere?  I don't need it and it really causes a problem with the base function of the application.

4 Replies

Level 6

I wasn't paying attention to the last thread since I probably won't be able to help you, but let's start again.  What version of Designer are you using, and what environment are you running in (OS, etc).

Level 2

Windows XP Professional SP3 with 2Gb RAM on a Pentium 4 CPU

LiveCycleDesigner ES 8.2.1.4029.1.523496

Level 6

I don't see an issue.  I'm running a slightly older version, but I have to believe that if this was a version issue Adobe would have heard about it from more people.  Are you running on a laptop or desktop?  All I can think of is for you to check your video card settings, and maybe play with some of the settings for h/w acceleration and effects.  Maybe there's some wierd driver thing going on.