Expand my Community achievements bar.

Facebook Game with Cocomo

Level 1

I want to do a facebook application (multiplayer online game) with flex, and I will use cocomo platform.

My question is:

What happents y a lot of people (more than 500) want to play the game a same time????

I condider that my game will have rooms, every room with max 20 people but there are lot of rooms playing at the same time.

1) what about the limits usage beta of cocomo???

2) I must develop this game with cocomo or abort the idea ???

Thanks for attention

Your answer will determinate if I begin o Not

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hello Hernan Dario,

We can "potentially" work with you to increase your beta account quotas.  But before we can make a decision we would like to learn more about your Facebook game, including your timeline to launch the application and monetization plans.  A few weeks back Nigel did a blog post detailing two ligthhouse programs.  You may want to learn about these ligthhouse programs by visiting the following link:

http://blogs.adobe.com/collabmethods/2009/04/towards_commercial_afcs_2_ligh.html

As you are probably aware we are currently working on the commercial launch of AFCS.  At the time of commercial launch we will remove beta account quota limits and developers will most likely continue to get some free quotas and need to pay for usage above the quotas.  You can learn more about our proposed pricing models by reading this blog post:

http://blogs.adobe.com/collabmethods/2009/03/chomping_at_the_bit_afcs_prici_1.html

Please contact us directly by emailing some details (timeline to launch the application and monetization plans) to afcs@adobe.com .  Once we hear from you we will respond with an answer.

Thanks,
Varun

Level 1

I want to make this facebook application for enjoy developing and show to a lot of people the power of Flex Framework working in social place with Cocomo, but not for commercial purpose them this is the reason becacuse I cant think in monetization plans or timelines..... (if you refering to buy something like service or others).

Thanks if you consider that there are any solutions for me.

Former Community Member

Hi Hernan,

I think it's important to note that supporting a lot of users (and 500+ concurrent users is quite a bit, although certainly doable) requires system resources for AFCS - this means machines to support them, and people to support the machines. So, we'd definitely love to see a widespread Facebook app take over the world, but not at the expense of adding all the infrastructure in the world, with no chance of making that money back =).

Do you think that it's possible to start with a model that uses significantly less than 500 users, and work from there?

thanks

nigel