Expand my Community achievements bar.

Extra Blank page at the end

Level 1

Hi,

I am new to Livecycle.

I created a template using xml schema binding and is working fine except for an extra blank page at the end. I tried various options in the page break/ data overflow options but nothing seems to work for me. Could anyone help me with this? I am attaching the xdp as well as the sample xml file.

Thanks

13 Replies

Former Community Member

Normally you will get that extra page if some of your content does not fit inside of the Content Area as defined by the Master Page. Look at the width of your PolicyDetail subform ...it is set to 10.5 in. If you unwrap the subform (right mouse click on the PolicyDetail object in the Hierarchy view. Then wrap the objects in a subform again it will set the right width (10.3726in) and your extra page will disappear.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks for the mail. I did exactly the way you suggested and the extra page vanished but when I restored my requirement (to start each PolicyDetail in a new page) The blank page reappeared.

For Policydetails, in the pagination tab, I am using 'Goto Next Page' for the requirement. Is this causing the extra blank page?

Thanks

Former Community Member

You shoudl "Place on Page1" - the 1st Master Page

Paul

Level 1

I am sorry, I guess i need to be spoon fed.

It is still not working for me.

This is what I did.

1. Unwrap

2. Wrap

3. In Pagination tab for 'PolicyDetails' - changed to Place: 'On Page Page1'

After: 'Continue Filling Parent'

Blank page is gone but the Page Break at new PolicyDetails is not happenning.

Tried setting the 'Conditional Break' but nothing appears for me to set the rule.

Thanks

Level 1

Thanks for the mails. For some reason, I donot see any data in the attachment. I am sharing the PDF - the way I want minus the last page )

Former Community Member

You must connect to the forum to get the attachments .....they are not there in the email ...that is just a notification.

Paul

Level 1

I downloaded it from the forum only (size 145 kb). Screenshot attached.

Thanks

Former Community Member

You point to the data file in the Form Properties (under File)/Preview. I store my files in a different location, so you must modify that paramater.

paul

Level 1

Thanks. I modified the parameters but I had to make the following changes

1. For the PolicyDetails - I provided the binding information (was missing) and set 'Repeat Subform for each Data Item'.

without the above changes, only one PolicyDetail was visible. After setting the above two, the page break is not happenning but flows. The output pdf is attached.

Former Community Member

I am not sure what you areexpecting from this ...can you elaborate?

Paul

Level 1

Hi,

I got it working.

I have a list of PolicyDetails and the requirement is to have each of the Policydetail start in a new page. I tried tweaking the pagination, overflow and even conditional breaks. I guess the combination was incorrect - resulting in extra blank page.

I used the XDP you shared as the base and added a 'conditional break'. It worked!!.

I am attaching the xdp - renamed as pdf so that I can upload. Thanks for the help and patience.

Level 1

Hi Paul,

I have the same issue, but I can't see the soloution in the forum.

Ehab