Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Exporting data and Merge data to spreadsheet

Level 1

Hi,

I'm using the trial version of Adobe Pro  through Windows. I have several hundred interactive pdf forms that have been completed and saved as .pdf. The Document Properties say that that the PDF producer was Adobe Livecycle Designer ES 8.2, PDF Version 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x). I want to merge the data into an excel spreadsheet. There are a couple of issues.

1. When I use Tools > Forms > More Form Options > Merge Data to spreadsheet the .csv file it produces contains the name of the pdf but not the contents of the form.

2. When I get an individual pdf form and choose Export data into .xml and then merge multiple .xml files then Merge data to spreadsheet, it works.

3. The image files in the form are exported as several thousand lines of gobbledegook.

I would like to end up with a spreadsheet that includes the data from all of the forms minus the gobbledegook from the image files.

I think I need a way batch export the data from the .pdfs to .xml and then find a way to get rid of the gobbledegook.

Any help or solutions?

Cheers,

Clare

0 Replies