Expand my Community achievements bar.

Export only specific data in XML with Submit by Email button

Level 1

I have created a form with multiple subforms that includes user input and calculations. One of these subforms contains fields that are bound to a MS Access database to retrieve data for calculations. All of the fields on this subform are bound to the data connection. The data connection, calculations, and submit by email button all work perfectly. My only problem is that the XML data that is being exported includes the data I bound to the MS Access database. I only want the data that the user inputs. I have changed the binding to "none" on all of the calculated fields to restrict them from exporting.

I have attached a copy of the XML file that is generated when the "Submit by Email" button is clicked. I only want the data from the "YTDIncStmt" subform to be included in this file. The "MasterData10K1", "MasterData10K2", and "MasterData10K3" are the actual data connections to the MS Access database.

How do I limit the export to only the data the user input?

2 Replies

Level 1

I do not believe I can get 25 views and no one has an answer for me! This is a bump to bring this question back to the top of the list. I could really use some of that "expert" help!

Level 1

I have the very same problem! I am importing data from MS Access and trying to export XML data that I can sync with Quickbooks. But the XML file contains some of my binded MS Access fields, which Quickbooks doesn't know what to do with, and rejects my xml files. I am also looking for a way to submit only selected XML data.  You ever find a solution/work around?