Expand my Community achievements bar.

Expanding text fields not moving next fields down the page

Level 2

I have a multi-page form with several comment boxes that I want to be expandable (if needed).  I've managed to get them to expand, but the fields following the field that is expanding dynamically are not bumping down the page.  I've gone through and read about different things to try and use (flowed, western, expand to fit, etc), but the fields following the expanding fields are not moving.

I can send the form I am using to anyone who has a suggestion.  I am confused with the hierarchy and where stuff needs to go in order to work correctly.

Thanks.

6 Replies

Level 10

HI, I could help you if you want, just send me a private msg with the link to download the form.

Level 2

not sure how or where to do this

Level 10

Hi, it is highly recommended that you create subforms in your form. By creating parts in your form you should create subforms for each of those parts. For the textfield you are trying to make it expandable and flowable to the next page, you must make every of its parents flowed. Your main page is actually set to positioned, even if your subform containing the textfield is flowed, if each of its parents are set to flowed it should work, otherwise it will not flow to next page.

If you set your page to flowed, it will reposition each of your fields because it is not in subforms. Make sure to create subforms for each parts, putting all fields in subforms. If you set your main page to flowed without creating subforms, all of your fields will be redesigned to be aligned left with the hierarchy order.

Hope this help.

Level 2

Thanks for the explanation.  Points you made are not typically in the help manuals.  I'll take a fresh look at it and do what you suggest.  I'll let you know what happens.

Level 2

I created several subforms.  The comment fields are allowing expanded comment.  However, none of the fields following the expandable fields are not moving down as the fields above them expand. I made all of the subforms flowable and Western text.  Any more advice?

Level 10

Hi, to make sure you have the right settings, the pages must be flowed, the subforms must be flowed and textfield must be expand to fit height + allow page break within contents, or if you want the block of text to appear only on one page, you can remove allow page break within contents...

I will check out your form and if I'm able to make it work I will send you the form.