Expand my Community achievements bar.

expanding form

Level 2

Hi,

I am creating a purchase form that has a table in it.  What I would like is for additional forms to automatically pop up when the total of the order goes above 2500....or for the purchaser to click a box and have these additional forms pop up.

any ideas of the easiest way to do this?

thanks in advance

sara

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

Can you clarify what you are after for us a bit.

A button can be added to a form to "launch" another pdf easily enough, and could probably use a calculate event to launch such a pdf once a total was reached ( as in an entirely new form)

for an example of what this looks like/works like just start a new form add a button and attach this code to a button and click it in preview  " app.launchURL("http://jmlr.csail.mit.edu/papers/volume10/mannor09a/mannor09a.pdf", true)"

another approach would be to have the 2500+ fields in the same form and hidden until that total is reached, perhaps using a setfocus() event to then take the user to the correct place/field.

pretty much whatever you are after livecycle can probably help - just not too sure what you are after.

regards

Level 2

Hi legallogic,

What I would like it to click a check box and have a third page appear.  I know it is possible, but am not sure how. Could you help, please?

thanks

sara

Former Community Member

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.

Yes you can do what i think you want to have happen without too much difficulty.

What you would do is

(a) insert the third page - or make sure it already exists.

(b)put whatever content you want to have on the third page.

(c) set the presence of that third page to hidden

(d) put code on the click event of your button that makes the third page visible.

If thats what you are trying to do the code is not too hard - use javascript setting and something like

PAGE3'SNAME.presence = "visible";

but change PAGE3'sName for the name of your page 3 - whatever you called it.

Happy to have a look at your form if your still stuck having had a bash at it yourself.

PS Two getting started tips - I find it easiest to Name the pages by clicking them in the heirachy list (on the left side)

and

to get an items path name  in the code panel click into the panel and hold down ctrl then point at what you want the path for and click. the correct name should appear.

Happy to have a look at your form if your still stuck having had a bash at it yourself - you can eamil us at our username above @gmail.com

good luck