Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Expandaple text that doesn't overlap?

Level 1

I am making a form with expandable text boxes.  I want to keep the format, so the entire page is "positioned".  Then I put each fill-in field in its own subform and made that "flowable".  Everything works okay, but when the field expands it overlaps whatever is on the next line.  How do I keep the formatting (I don't like the look of having the entire page "flowable") and have the entire page shift downward when a field is expanded.  Also, I sometimes have two fields next to each other on the same line.  I'd like it to work so that if one field gets expanded (downward), the next field on the same line stays aligned at the top.  Any suggestions?  I would gladly post the document if that is an option.  Thank you!

6 Replies

Level 4

Expandable text fields are a feature of LC Designer. Therefore you should ask your question in the forum dedicated to that product.

Level 10

Hi

I am not sure what you want the field to do, if you just want it to allow scrolling then clear then clearing the expand to fit (the default) will do that.

Bruce

Level 5

Greetings,

I am having difficulty picturing your use.  You seem to be saying you would like the fields to be fixed in place on the form, and expand downward as filled.

But you do not want the downward expansion to push the fields below then down. 

If that is the case, using positioned subforms, and fields with fixed size should work for you.

Positioned subforms can be placed side-by-side within another subform to bound the area.

You can set the field input areas to not have borders/backgrounds if you do not want that area to show differently - and use a border on the surrounding subform to provide framing.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your situation.

Perhaps sharing your design would help.

Mark

Level 1

Thank you for your reply! I actually Would like the following content to be pushed down the page if a text box expands. I’ve attached a copy of the document, not sure how to post it on the forum. Thank you!

Level 5

You will probably need to post it to another site, ( like Acrobat.com ) and include a link to it.

Here is a reference to Designer Help that is an example of creating a Dynamic Flowed form.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/10.0/DesignerHelp/WS92d06802c76abadb30a19f61129b8afff1c-7ff2.h...

If you have not looked at it, it might be helpful.  The assets it references can be found in your install directory.

HTH,

Mark