Expand my Community achievements bar.

Expand Multiple Fields in Subform

Level 1

I have a subform in which I have several fields in one row. The subform is set to "flowed" and each field to allow mulitple lines. When I enter text into the first field it expands, however I want all of the fields in the subform to expand with it so that eventually they will all be the same height, accomodating the field with the longest entry. Best examle I can give of this is the way the cells within the same row act in a MS Excel document.

Please Help! Thanks!!

Chris

4 Replies

Former Community Member

I have an example of doing this (attached). In my case the description field can grow to any size (it is multiline). All the other fields in the row have code on the LayoutReady event that will resize their height to match the size of the Description.

Paul

Level 1

Paul,

This helps a bit thank you! However, and please correct me if I am wrong becuase I've never done any scripting before this, the event scripting on your form will only resize the other fields according to one other specifc field (in this case the description field), correct? My particular issue is that I do not know which field in my row of 5 will end up being the longest. A bit more complicated I'm afraid.

Former Community Member

Yes but still doable .....we woudl have to check the height of all other fields in the row, find out which one is tallest and adjust the other accordingly.

Paul

Level 1

What would be the script to do that? Is it something relatively easy to write?