Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Expand/Collapse Text Fields

Level 1

I'm working on a newsletter - I'd like to have a paragraph and at the end, have a "more" link that would expand to show the entire story. Also, a "less" link to collapse the story. I'm told that this can be done it Livecycle, but I'm fairly new to it. Are there tools to acomplish this in Livecycle, or will this be some type of Java code?

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

this is indeed possible with Designer, when you create dynamic forms (XFA forms).

Here's a sample form, with a text field you can expand/collaps with a button.

https://acrobat.com/#d=uluWF9NaAmvOe45rYXQmEQ

Level 1

That is exactly what I'm looking for. Due to my inexperience in Livecycle, I'm having problems figuring out how to get to the properties of the referenced object in order to change the text. Can you help?

Level 1

Hi this sounds like what I am looking for but with mouseover etc rather than buttons is this posible for a text field in a table.

I don't seem to be able to access your link.

Thanks

Ian

Former Community Member

Hi Mark,

I could try helping you out. Could you pls mail your form to kvdvijaykumar@gmail.com

Thanks,

VJ

Former Community Member

Hi I_J_G,

I could try helping you out. Could you pls mail your form to kvdvijaykumar@gmail.com

Thanks,

VJ