Expand my Community achievements bar.

Establishing an OLEDB Connection

Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES. I'm trying to connect an MS Excel sheet to a form I created in Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES. The goal is for my team to fill out the form, and have the Excel sheet populated with their inputs. I successfully created a Data Source through Administrative Tools in my Control Panel, but now when I attempt to establish a New Data Connection in LiveCycle Designer ES, I get stuck when selecting the Record Source. From what little I have read there should be a list of Tables for me to select from in the dropdown menu. For a reason unbeknownst to me, I see no such list of tables. I have attached a screenshot below.

OLEDB Connection.PNG

Does that list of Tables come from the Excel sheet I used in creating the Data Source at the beginning? How can I remedy this problem? Is Table even the correct style of Record Source that I am looking for?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex Harmer

2 Replies

Level 1

Hi,

Instead you can select the SQLQuery and write SQL statement to get the data from the table.Here the table refers to the sheet name.

Level 1

Thanks for the reply MHN02.

I'm not familiar writing SQL statements either - can you give me a quick briefing on the matter?

Thanks.