Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

ES2 Upgrade on Windows XP

Former Community Member

I'm trying to use the LiveCycle ES2 Installer to upgrade from ES1 to ES2.  I'm having no problems with the installation (or so it appears) until I get to the end of the wizard step labelled "Installing..."  The progress bar goes all the way to the end and then a message appears in the wizard that says, "Please wait while the Adobe LiveCycle ES2 installer is processing.  The installer may take a moment to respond."  The installer appears to get stuck at this point.  I've let it go for close to an hour with nothing happening.  It appears my processor may still be doing some work, but it's tough to tell if it's the installer that's making the light blink.

I have ES1 installed in Windows XP (yes, I know that's not ideal or supported...it's a development machine) and after adjusting some Java memory settings, it had been working just fine.  I checked the ES2 installation log.  The most recent thing printed there is...

"Install Uninstaller:  Adobe LiveCycle ES2 (Install All Uninstaller Components) Status:  SUCCESSFUL"

It does not appear looking through that log that anything went wrong.

Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone seen this before?  I appreciate any help you can provide!

0 Replies