Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

ES2 Upgrade Issue

Level 4

I'm ugrading a second(I've already upgrade one server successfully) instance of livecycle 8.2 to livecycle ES2 SP2 and I'm receiving errors post upgrade.  The upgrade seems to go smoothly until I try to login to workspace after and I'm unable to render PDFs.

There is a problem with the reader extension/reader extension credentials.  The stack trace is:

2010-12-11 17:01:34,322 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] RuntimeException in method: public abstract java.lang.Object com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterLocal.doRequiresNew(com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.TransactionDefinition,com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.TransactionCallback) throws com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCException:
ALC-DSC-000-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: Internal error.
        at com.adobe.truststore.provider.db.POFHelper.getValues(POFHelper.java:444)
        at com.adobe.truststore.provider.db.CredentialSearchHelper.fetchAllCredentials(CredentialSearchHelper.java:225)
        at com.adobe.truststore.provider.db.DatabaseTrustStoreProvider.getCredentialsInfo(DatabaseTrustStoreProvider.java:519)
        at com.adobe.truststore.businesslogic.impl.CredentialManagerImpl.getAllCredentialsInfo(CredentialManagerImpl.java:126)
        at com.adobe.truststore.dsc.CredentialServiceImpl.fetchAllCredentialsInfo(CredentialServiceImpl.java:396)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Caused by: com.adobe.pof.schema.ObjectTypeNotFoundException: Object Type: truststore.truststore_credential_type_new not found.
        at com.adobe.pof.omapi.POFObjectManagerRemoteBean.getObjectType(POFObjectManagerRemoteBean.java:165)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor296.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:359)
        at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:237)

2010-12-11 17:01:34,327 ERROR [TrustStoreComponent] Internal error.
2010-12-11 17:13:22,730 ERROR [STDERR] Dec 11, 2010 5:13:22 PM com.adobe.truststore.provider.db.POFHelper getValues
SEVERE: Error during POFHelper.getValues. Exception: Object Type: truststore.truststore_credential_type_new not found.
2010-12-11 17:13:22,731 ERROR [STDERR] com.adobe.pof.schema.ObjectTypeNotFoundException: Object Type: truststore.truststore_credential_type_new not found.
2010-12-11 17:13:22,731 ERROR [STDERR]  at com.adobe.pof.omapi.POFObjectManagerRemoteBean.getObjectType(POFObjectManagerRemoteBean.java:165)
2010-12-11 17:13:22,731 ERROR [STDERR]  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor296.invoke(Unknown Source)

So I am unable to render forms because of the problem with the reader extensions service.  When I try to login to the reader extensions gui(ie /ReaderExtensions), I get an error saying the reader extensions service might not be running.  I also cannot see or update the reader extensions credential in adminui.

Does anyone have an idea?

5 Replies

Level 10

Did you install the RE cert in your new environment?

Did you use the same alias?

Jasmin

Level 4

When I successfully upgraded our dev environment, I did not need to reinstall the reader credential.  It used the existing credential that was installed in version 8.2

However, after upgrading this second environment, the reader extension credential was missing.  When I attempted to install it using the admin ui, I received an error, and the stack trace listed above was writted to the error log.  I did try using the same alias.

So it appears something went wrong during the uprade and I'm trying to find the cause.  Also in the log from immediately after the upgrade, I found the following info:

2010-12-11 15:07:48,220 INFO  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl] ServiceRegistryImpl:stop(CredentialService, 1.0)
2010-12-11 15:07:48,316 INFO  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl] ServiceRegistryImpl:stop(CertificateService, 1.0)
2010-12-11 15:07:48,383 INFO  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl] ServiceRegistryImpl:stop(CRLService, 1.0)
2010-12-11 15:07:48,433 INFO  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl] ServiceRegistryImpl:stop(TrustConfigurationService, 1.0)
2010-12-11 15:07:48,519 INFO  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl] ServiceRegistryImpl:stop(TrustStoreEncryptionService, 1.0)
2010-12-11 15:07:48,837 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJODescriptorImpl] Method not found for service descriptor: CredentialService and operation: addCredential
2010-12-11 15:07:48,838 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJODescriptorImpl] Method not found for service descriptor: CredentialService and operation: reinitializeHSMCredential
2010-12-11 15:07:48,875 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJODescriptorImpl] Method not found for service descriptor: CertificateService and operation: addCertificate
2010-12-11 15:07:48,992 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJODescriptorImpl] Method not found for service descriptor: CredentialService and operation: addCredential
2010-12-11 15:07:48,993 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJODescriptorImpl] Method not found for service descriptor: CredentialService and operation: reinitializeHSMCredential
2010-12-11 15:07:49,001 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJODescriptorImpl] Method not found for service descriptor: CertificateService and operation: addCertificate
2010-12-11 15:07:49,049 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJODescriptorImpl] Method not found for service descriptor: CredentialService and operation: addCredential
2010-12-11 15:07:49,050 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJODescriptorImpl] Method not found for service descriptor: CredentialService and operation: reinitializeHSMCredential
2010-12-11 15:07:49,377 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJODescriptorImpl] Method not found for service descriptor: CertificateService and operation: addCertificate

Level 3

Hi,

Can you try the following steps and re-attempt the upgrade?

1) Go to pre-upgrade state for your LiveCycle system (restore database, global directory storage etc.)

2) From your ES2 SP2 installation delete the following folders.

a) <LiveCycle ES2 Root>/configurationManager/export

b) <LiveCycle ES2 Root>/configurationManager/log

c) <LiveCycle ES2 Root>/configurationManager/working

3) Re-attempt upgrade

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,

Hina Rastogi

Level 4

Hina, Thanks.  I will attempt the upgrade again Saturday and will post the result.

Former Community Member

We had any fix for this? We are facing same problem. We did tried to rebuild as suggested in 3, but we have end up in different issue. Any leads to solve this issue is much appreciated.