Expand my Community achievements bar.

ES2 best practice for how much stuff should be in one application?

Former Community Member

I'm wondering if there is a best practice/recommended amount of the maximum amount of forms/processes/etc that you should have contained within one application in ES2?  I have an application which has about 5 processes, and has over 300 xdp forms.  When "deploying" the application it takes probably over 5 minutes or longer.  It seems to be working fine but i'm curious if this will cause any problems and if there is a recommended threshold?

4 Replies

Level 10

I don't think there is a limit on the number of processes & forms to be used within an application.

However there is recommendation for not having more than 20 variable in a single process.

Each process created within you application will become a service. So it doesn't matter having 500 processes in one application or 50 processes in 10 applications. You will endup with 500 services deployed into Java Runtime.

Forms also doesn't bother about the count as it just stay within repository (not in Java Runtime).

The only issue with enormous resources within an application is the response time to Deploy to application server (which you already mentioned here).

So, if you can split your resources into manageable units, that will reduce your checkin/deploy time.

Nith

Former Community Member

The big problem I see with too many activities in a single process is that the editor starts flaking out, i.e., doesn't snap to grid, won't release when left mouse is released ...

Level 10

Well, I faced the same issue several times. I noticed that this happens exactly when I use mouse pointer to click on any dialogs (say Checkout confirmation dialog); Instead If I use keyboard key(enter key), it's not happening.

Nith

Former Community Member

Hi Nith et all,

Any chance you have an LCA with this much stuff in it? We would be interested to see it.

You can send the LCA to gilbertyulivecycle@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

...Gil