Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

ES2 AD Sync - Not showing Child Principals from AD Group

Former Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I currently am implementing Adobe LiveCycle ES2 SP1 BTE at a customer site. Most of the server side setup is done and all has been done without a snag.

Currently we find only one issue with the way things are done and we would like to know if anyone has seen this before.

Here is a layout of the architecture.

- LC Server installed on Windows 2008 / Quad Core / 32 GB of RAM, attached to a database server and configured with the enterprise's AD

- SQL Server installed on Windows 2008 / Quad Core / 16 GB of RAM

The use of the normal operations of LiveCycle work without a problem. We can build, test, deploy processes and use all of the licensed modules of LiveCycle. The problem arises when we want to use the corporate AD to authenticate on Workbench or Workspace or AdminUI.

I currently have a DEV domain setup in Domain Management, which takes care of Authentication and Directory Searches for Users and Groups.

The sychronization works and allows me to synch the different groups. The test tool even confirms this both from within LiveCycle or when I take my query and use it in a 3rd party LDAP querying tool.

Unfortunately, I have a TEST group in my DEV domain which contains users, these users should show up in my Child Principals under UserManagement, but they do not - I should have 6 users show up - but it tells me my group is empty.

When I do the setup of the Group and I ask the testing tool - both LiveCycle's or 3rd party - they both show me the 6 users in the TEST group, but once I 'import' the TEST group and Assign it roles - LiveCycle tells me the groups are empty.

I have setup AD Syncing a few times and never have seen this. Now why is this happening at this customer site - I totally don't know.

Has anyone seen this problem before ?

Thanks!

1 Reply

Level 4

Is the problem seen only with this group or other groups also do not show group members