Expand my Community achievements bar.

Errors with forms

Level 4

In the last several weeks, problems have developed with some of the forms I've created in Live Cycle.  Both forms that I created a long time ago and ones more recently.  These problems occur for some people and not for others.  There are several that have occurred and I would appreciate any assistance in diagnosing and fixing the problems. 

1.  An error message appears that says "unauthorized script."  The user repeatedly click OK, but it never stops appearing.  They have to use CTRL + ALT + DEL to get out of the program.  This happens with forms where the user is sent to the web to open it and sent the form as an attachment via email.

2.  Several forms have buttons to send the form to a particular person.  On some machines, the button ends up doing nothing or it asks what client to use -- web based email or Outlook.  People choose Outlook (as that is what we use) and then nothing seems to happen.

3.  On Firefox, there is consistently a message about needing to open the form in a different viewer because the proper contents never display.  Then you can open it in Reader or Acrobat and hopefully none of the other problems occur.  This is something new.  Not a huge deal, as long as people see the option to open in a different viewer.  This happens with Mac and PC users.

4.  On iPads, there will be a message about being Please Wait for the proper contents to be displayed (much like you see with the Firefox), but there is no option of open in anything else, so the forms don't work on iPads.

The interesting thing is that they don't happen to me except for #3 and #4. 

I've recently (within the last 6 weeks) upgraded to LiveCycle ES3.  I don't know if that is having some bearing on these issues or not.  I haven't changed how I do anything with the form creation either.

Thanks for your help.

Karen

1 Reply

Level 8

I'm not sure what would be the issue regarding #1 and #2. I've never even seen 'unauthorized script' before. You might want to have the users who get that message explain the steps on how to replicate it. Also get the version of Reader/Acrobat they are using.

For #3 and #4, currently there are no 'apps' that can read LiveCycle (XFA) forms. I also believe that you need a specific add-on for Firefox to do the same. But I'm not sure about that one.

Kyle