Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error Opening Process Editor

Level 1

I am trying out LiveCycle server and workbench using the trial software.  I've made it to Section 5 of the "Creating your first LC App" tutorial but am getting an error from the workbench.  I have tried reinstalling the workbench but I got the same error even after reinstalling.  See the error message below which I get when trying to open the process editor (i.e. step 5.6 in the tutorial).

Could not open the editor: The editor class could not be instantiated. This usually indicates a missing no-arg constructor or that the editor's class name was mistyped in plugin.xml.

org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.adobe.ape.core (4).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:125)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:427)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:193)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:368)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:444)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:397)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:385)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:87)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:313)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:227)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1274)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:160)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:867)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:51)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:267)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:263)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.EditorDescriptor.createEditor(EditorDescriptor.java:233)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createPart(EditorManager.java:846)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:606)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:428)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:594)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.setVisibleEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:263)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.setVisibleEditor(EditorManager.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$5.runWithException(EditorManager.java:944)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:133)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3800)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3425)
at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)
at com.adobe.lcide.rcp.ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$27.runWithException(Workbench.java:1361)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:133)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3800)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3425)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2293)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2198)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:493)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:488)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at com.adobe.lcide.rcp.Application.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:382)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in com.adobe.ape.osgi.Activator.start() of bundle com.adobe.ape.core.
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1028)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:984)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:265)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
... 59 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.adobe.lcx.commandservice.domain.LcdsCommandRequestService.init(Unknown Source)
at com.adobe.lcx.commandservice.domain.LcdsCommandRequestService.registerCommandRequestHandler(Unknown Source)
at com.adobe.ape.api.APERegistry.initialize(Unknown Source)
at com.adobe.ape.osgi.Activator.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)
... 64 more

5 Replies

Former Community Member

1) Please validate the version of Workbench.

2) Are you running the stand-alone Workbench or the Eclipse plug-in?

Steve

Level 1

Version is: 9.0.0.1.20100511.1.236086

I think that I am running the stand-alone but I don't recall the installer asking me which I wanted and I did have other copies of Eclipse on this machine when I installed the Workbench.  So, I'm not 100% sure, how can I tell?

Former Community Member

The stand-alone installer is a .bat file (run_windows_installer.bat). I believe that is the only available trial installer.

What is the OS of the machine hosting Workbench?

Do you have any other versions of Eclipse on the same host?

Steve

Level 1

OS is XP SP3.

Yes, there are other copies of Eclipse on this machine.  Specifically: Force.com IDE and vanilla Eclipse (for Java dev).  I've just tried to open both of them:  In the Force.com IDE it only shows Force related perspectives and doesn't give any options to build LiveCycle apps or show the LC perspectives.  However, in the vanilla Eclipse I can now see the LC related perspectives though I get an error if I try to open them.

I suppose that I could try to delete that copy of Eclipse and reinstall LC WB. 

Level 1

And yes, I ran the .bat to start the installation of the Workbench.