Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

error message when populating drop-down list with mysql DB

Former Community Member

Hi everyone,

i'm having an error message which gives zero result on google...

here's the context: i have a drop-down list called "Patient" in the template pages of a livecycle form. The binding is set to Global so that the value is the same on the two pages of the form. I have also linked the items of the list to a mysql database (with DataConnection) by clicking the "Specify Item Values" link on the Binding tab of the element.

now, when i open my form (or preview) i get this message, in french:

"Propriété incorrecte de l'opération SET; dataGroup ne possède pas de propriété id."

which is, in english (personal translation):

"Incorrect property of the SET operation; dataGroup doesn't have an id property."

this message appears in a messagebox, the background is empty (standard gray color)

Then i click "OK" (which is the only button available), and my form appears, the list is populated with the values of my database table, so it actually works...

As i said, i have zero results on google with this message...

any idea what it means and how to avoid it?

Thanks!

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

For all things XFA Forms and Databases there is no place better than Stefan Cameron's blog: http://forms.stefcameron.com/.

Have a look here: http://forms.stefcameron.com/2006/12/18/databases-inserting-updating-and-deleting-records/ and at comment 60.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks Niall. I found the answer at comment 61.

In my DataConnection, i had "select * from (mytable)", and changed the SQL query by selecting everything but the "id" field. The error message disappears. I still don't understand the problem or the solution, but it works fine so i'm happy.