I had tried the sampleApp Recording for recording a session.But i am getting an error as
"RECORDING_FAILED: No Recording Storage URl is Set. Session will not be recorded"
what may the cause of this error?
Thanks in advance,
hi raff ,
thanks for ur quick reply.
I m a beginner.i dont know about this content repository url.
Do u have any tutorials about it?what r d steps i need to follow?
it will help me alot.
Thanks in advance,
Sorry but, did you sign up of the recording private beta? If you did you should have received instructions on how to setup you web server and register the repository URL.
If you didn't sign up yet you can certainly do it (send email requesting access to email@example.com) but at this point in time we are looking for developers that want to add recording to their application and are willing to help shaping the feature, so we require that you tell us what your application is and how you are thinking of using the recording capabilities.
If you are just starting up with LCCS you should probably wait until the feature is complete and gets released to the general public.
Sent from my iPad
I am working on a Professional LCSS based application in which I am using all the pods like audio video publishing shared white board ,screen share ,shared notes etc.Now i wanted to add the functionality of on emand audio and video recording and playingback.but i know on demand audio video is not still possible through lccs.then i started using the Archive manager class and facing the same above URI problem and after reading your post i have emailed for register Repositry URL.
1)Now my Question is when Complete functionality of archive manager will be released?
2)can i use it in my application for the complete session recording and is it reliable.
3)Will it be possible in the released version to upload a video file and then playBack.
3) will it be possible to record audio or video separately.
1) we don't have a specific date yet for a public release of the recording functionality.
2) recording is in private beta right now so is as reliable as a beta can be. Part of the private beta program is to help us make this functionality "robust" both in term of reliability and in term of provided features.
3) no, we are currently not planning to provide a video playback feature where the video is not beeing recorded as part of a room (and currently the only video that can be recorded is webcam video)
4) not sure of what this question means. Audio and video are recorded as separate streams (and "run together" at playback time). You could potentially play only the audio or only the video if your client playback application decides to do so.
thanks for your Quick Response and your answers are realy helful for us .I just want to ask how much time it will take to register the Repositry URL.I have emailed for registration one day ago.