Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error during XSN importation process

Former Community Member

As part of our company's process to move away from MS InfoPath I have been tasked to find a suitable replacement.

Pertinent to this is a necessity to translate our existing library of InfoPath forms into something more usable and touch-screen friendly - i.e. fillable PDFs.

I downloaded the evaluation copy of LiveCycle Designer ES4 and have tried on many unsuccessful attempts to import some of our existing XSN templates with the resulting error message: "Unable to apply xsl transformation on template xml file to create html file."

I then downloaded the Designer ES4 update/patch but with no change in behaviour.

I have tried several different XSNs - from the initial fairly complex form to very simple forms that just contain a few check boxes and text fields but with the same result.

I have saved the XSN files in the various flavours (Filler Form Template and Browser Form Template) but still receive the same error when importing

I did read somewhere that MySQL cam cause some issues so installed the trial of Designer on another clean machine but again, the same result.

One machine is running Server 2008 R2 and the other is Windows XP. Both have the latest MS updates applied.

Unfortunately I cannot find anything in my Google searching that mentions this specific error and because of my inexperience in XML etc. I am finding it difficult to trouble-shoot this on my own - so ANY assistance or suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Best regards,

Nick

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Okay, 42 views after 1 week and no response or suggestions... I guessing this must be a pretty uncommon issue then?

Is anyone able to provide me with information as to how the importation process should work?

I was expecting that it was simply a case of starting Workbench, selecting Open document, change the file type to XSN, select the file and click OK - hey presto, file imported.

Is there a step that I'm missing?

If that is not the case and there is no real explanation or workaround to this issue I'm encountering then I guess Workbench is not the solution for us - mores the pity - and we'll just have to try something else.

Thanks in anticipatory advance,

Nick