Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Error Code with Livecycle forms, when opened online - how do I fix this?

Level 2

Could you please tell me how to fix issue where when I make my forms available online, they open up with an error code?  I provide a link to a file, and when the user opens the file, it says there was an error - about a paragraph of text.  If they save the file, and then open again in Adobe Reader, it works fine.  But most of the time they think the file is corrupt, and don't want to download and save it to their computer.  Below is a screenshot of the problem, and it only happens when I open the file online.  And, I have already upgraded to the most recent version of Adobe, so why does this happen?

adobe error 2.jpg

3 Replies

Level 10

You don't use Adobe Reader in your browser.

Some browsers as Firefox use their own PDF viewer which cannot handle dynamic forms.

You have to configure your browser so it uses the Adobe plug-in for PDFs.

Level 2

Hi Radzmar - thank you.  How do I configure my browser?  I use Chrome, but others I know would use Explorer or Safari?

Level 2

Oh, I found a great instruction page at Configure browser to use the Adobe PDF plug-in  That worked!  Thank you!