Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error 1722 upon installation

Level 1

Running Windows 10 .. 64 bit system.  I installed Acrobat DC about a month ago with no problems (desktop version ... perpetual license).  I was not happy to find that I no longer had Livecycle (previously had Acrobat 9 Pro), so I bit the bullet and purchased Livecycle.  Upon installation everything seemed to be going fine until right at the end when I got a dialog box stating that the product could not be installed .... error 1722.  How do I resolve this problem?

2 Replies

Level 1

I just want to fill in some more data to my original problem with error 1722 when trying to install.  The full message in the dialog box was:  "There is a problem with this windows installer package.  A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected."  I noticed a similar error message reported in the Acrobat forum section with Adobe's recommendation to reinstall Visual Studio 2013 (mcvcr120 and msvcp120 dll's).  This recommendation from Adobe did not work for me!!!  The really odd thing with my problem is that even though the dialog box said that it could not complete installation, if you look in 'control panel' under installed programs ... there it is "Livecycle" ... and it is also listed in the start menu.  Click on it in the start menu and you get the initial 'splash screen' that last for about ten seconds and then disappears ... program is never actually started.  You can uninstall the program through the control panel.  Better yet (since I tried installing this program more than once), if you don't physically uninstall it, but just try to run the installer a second time you get a dialog box asking you if you want to "Repair" the installed Livecycle.  I gave that a shot .... it said that it did, and finished the installation without the 1722 error message .... but I get the same problem of clicking on the Livecycle icon in 'start' and getting the initial splash screen for ten seconds but the program never loads/starts.  As I mentioned I loaded Acrobat DC about a month ago without any problems / I also have the full CS6 (non-cloud version).  Maybe I should also mention I have the latest version of 'Suitcase Fusion' as my font manager.  For problems with a brand new install you would think that I could talk to a 'live person' for advice.