Expand my Community achievements bar.

end user adding a picture to a finished ES8.2 form in reader

Level 2

hi

i am redesigning a receipt that uses addinstance.  because of the ever changing stock and prices we do not use a schema or array to generate the product list, we just cut and paste the product and price into the invoice.

many of our products have similar names and we want the end user to cut and paste a small thumbnail picture into  the receipt so when the orders are packaged there is no doubt as to what the customer wants.

i have never come across anyone using livecycle in this way before and was wondering if anyone has done this before and has any advice for me.

thanks

ibrahim

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Reader cannot decode images from a cut-and-paste operation.

An 'Image Field' object does allow images to be dynamically added to a PDF (tested in Reader 9.1.0). When you click on the 'Image Field' a dialogue enables the selection of a .jpg, .gif, .png, or a .tif.

Level 2

thanks

one of the first things i tried was using a blank image field hoping that acrobat or even better reader would let me put an image into the final form

can it be accomplished (using a livecycle form) in acrobat using code.

Former Community Member

No ..the best you can do is bring up a chooser and allow the user to pick the image. The other option is to deliver the image to the form via a web service call.

Paul